Black Orpington learning to crow - Video

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by DawnSuiter, Dec 11, 2008.

1. DawnSuiter

DawnSuiter Chillin' With My Peeps

I've been wanting to post a vid of the roosters learning to crow because they are so funny some of them!! Here's the latest to learn.. if you've not heard a roo learning, this is definitely a chuckle. This is Black & Blue they are almost 5 mos old.. still haven't heard a peep outta Blue yet (in the background you can see all our coops & hear our only Mature rooster crowing)

2. TaLani

TaLani ~ Gemini Chick ~

Oct 2, 2008
    Bryson City, NC
    OMGosh that's so funny! That's the greatest entertainment when the young roos first start crowing. Chicken tv is the best! [​IMG]

3. epona4

epona4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 14, 2008
    Central Indiana
    LOL! Love it!

Thanks for sharing!

4. DawnSuiter

DawnSuiter Chillin' With My Peeps

They are so funny!!!
    The rooster you hear in the background crowed perfectly his first time... was really freaky actually. All the rest have had some sort of learning curve.

Thanks for watchin!

5. walbarbsa

walbarbsa Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 1, 2008
    Castroville, Texas
    Aren't chickens better than "America's Funniest...Videos"? I regularly take my coffee or whatever and sit down in the chicken yard and watch those feathered actors.

6. jossanne

jossanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    Holy cow, that is an awful sound! LOL The poor guy. I would just hang out waiting to hear it...

My 7 week old bantam cochin rooster is crowing in his brooder box, it's the funniest sound. His rhythm sounds better already than your new crower. If only I had more than an ancient video camera, so I could post it on YouTube.

Thanks for the laugh, I love him!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by