Black sex link chicks

I went through the same thing. My baby BSL's both had white spots on their heads and I didn't know what that meant then But the seller is reputable so we'll see. They are 10 weeks old now and my sweetest chicks. Still don't know if they're roos but I've quit worrying about it. When one crows or lays an egg, I'll know what I have and deal with it then. Best of luck to you.

I went through the same thing. My baby BSL's both had white spots on their heads and I didn't know what that meant then But the seller is reputable so we'll see. They are 10 weeks old now and my sweetest chicks. Still don't know if they're roos but I've quit worrying about it. When one crows or lays an egg, I'll know what I have and deal with it then. Best of luck to you.
Post pics. At 10 weeks, a cockerel should be pretty obvious with a bright red comb.

Here is a pic of our Black Sex Link chicks at around 2 or 3 weeks old. They are all girls (2 years old now). Hope this helps.

I can't tell the Barred Rocks from the BSL's. Do any of these look like roos to you?
Those are all Barred Rock pullets. Black sexlink cockerels look like Barred Rocks, but they would have very large, red combs by now. And black sexlink pullets are black with a bit of gold through the head, neck, and chest.

Junebuggena, the "BSL's" had white spots on their heads at 3 days old (did not know this meant male sex link at the time). Also, two white feather tips on each wing. Also, either the Barred or the "BSL's" have teal sheen on tips of their feathers in the sunlight. I don't really care what they are as long as they're hens. Is this coloring still consistent with Barred Rock?

Junebuggena, the "BSL's" had white spots on their heads at 3 days old (did not know this meant male sex link at the time). Also, two white feather tips on each wing. Also, either the Barred or the "BSL's" have teal sheen on tips of their feathers in the sunlight. I don't really care what they are as long as they're hens. Is this coloring still consistent with Barred Rock?
I'm not seeing any black sexlinks at all is what I meant. You got 4 Barred Rock pullets.

As of right now this is the best photo I can get, I will try and get another this evening! Do these look like cockerels?? I am asking because of their combs.... they are much larger and brighter than the other 3 I got from the same batch I got the 5 of them from! Thank you!! :)

They are 3 weeks old as of yesterday, if that helps any!

As of right now this is the best photo I can get, I will try and get another this evening! Do these look like cockerels?? I am asking because of their combs.... they are much larger and brighter than the other 3 I got from the same batch I got the 5 of them from! Thank you!!
smile.png

They are 3 weeks old as of yesterday, if that helps any!
Two cockerels. One looks like a black sexlink cockerel and the other (in the back) looks like a pure Barred Rock.

Back
Top Bottom