Black Sex-linked

I love my "Black Star", aka black sex-link hen. I had a few different black sex-link, all from MM and they are just the sweetest birds. Calm and gentle, at least that is how my experience has been. My daughter has no problem w/ them.
--------> My evidence ----->

100_1682small.jpg

I know I've posted this pic in another thread, but who doesn't love showing of their babies, both feathered and alien?
tongue.png

This hen probably weighs 6lbs and my daughter weighed about 15lbs (she's a teeny, tiny thing, just barely weighs 23lbs at 2yrs) and then hen just sat calmy with her until my daughter set her down. IMO you will enjoy black sex-link hens and they lay wonderfully, too.

If you want 100% hens, go with the black sex link. No mistaking males and females with thoes. I have two and they are a bit more skittish than my one golden sex link, but I think the whole skittish or not depends on the supplier. My EE's were skittish devils!

I love my 3 BSL hens. They are friendly (spoiled), forage well, and are great egg layers (2-3 eggs a day) at 2+ yrs old.

A question here here for the genetics experts. Would it be possible to create an Black Plymouth Rock from the Black Sex Link pullets?

If so what rooster would you use? Would the Black Australorps black legs be hard to breed out?

We have 14 Sex Links 13 red and 1 black they will be 1 year in April and we get 13 to 14 eggs a day and they are large or extra large with very strong shells. I have never been happier with any breed when it comes to egg layers. They dont seem to eat as much as some of the other breeds also. I have a 3 and 5 year old and they are the ones who collect our eggs. The hens are calm friendly birds. We love them so much we just got 30 more pullets black, red, and golden.

The Black Sex Link is an excellent choise, They lay nice big brown eggs, and are very friendly, They are at the top of the list being one of the better egg layers...
D.gif
jumpy.gif
... Cindy...

Back
Top Bottom