Black Split Silkies...

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Poulets De Cajun, Mar 31, 2009.

1. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

Here are a few pictures of my black split Silkies that I took today. They are black, but carrying the Lavender gene (hense the 'split'). I am VERY proud of these birds, as I 'bred' them myself. I paired the black hens with the lavender father personally in my backyard. These I think I'll name!

This is my pullet that I hatched in November. She is TEE TINY, but has a HUGE top knot. She's what I call a 'micro' Silkie... LOL

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here is some pics of my black split cockeral. He is JET BLACK! I've not seen a Black Silkie this black in a while. Take note of the pic of his back. Not a SINGLE off color feather anywhere, and look at the GREEN SHEEN! I'm VERY VERY excited about this boy! He's definitley going to a show or two this year.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2009
  2. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Very very nice! [​IMG]

3. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    Nicely done!

4. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    beautiful [​IMG]

5. Poulets De Cajun

Thanks! I'm really having fun with this lavender thing. Its very neat to start with one bird and work towards a whole flock of them. Its very rewarding.

6. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    [​IMG]

Your birds are just stunning! I never get tired of your pictures - keep them coming!

7. RioLindoAz

RioLindoAz Sleeping

Jul 8, 2007
    Yuma, Arizona
    Awsome birds!

I'm sure there are some purple ribbons waiting for you!

~Rio

8. Poulets De Cajun

Quote:Awe thanks! Of everything I have in the coops, THESE are the ones that I am most proud of today.

9. Poulets De Cajun

Quote:We always hope so, but I try to enjoy raising them without the goal of the ribbon!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by