Black tailed whites white white Japanese mixed pen

sabarka

Hatching
Oct 16, 2021
What chicks will I get if I have eggs from a mixed pen of black tailed whites and whites. Have bought eggs not realising they were from a mixed pen. Silly me thought they were just a mixture of eggs from a btw pen and a white pen.
Breed is Japanese Bantam.

I don’t know. I believe Japanese are recessive white, which means anything could be hiding underneath.
Assuming they’re silver based, you’ll probably be black and silver, but even that’s not certain.

What chicks will I get if I have eggs from a mixed pen of black tailed whites and whites. Have bought eggs not realising they were from a mixed pen. Silly me thought they were just a mixture of eggs from a btw pen and a white pen.
Breed is Japanese Bantam.

Depending on whether there are roosters of each color, you might get some of either or both pure colors.

There are several genes that can cause white in chickens, and I don't know which ones are in the white Japanese bantams. So possibilities might be white-tailed-whites (=white), or buffs with black or white tails, or solid blacks, or you might get something that I haven't even thought of. I'm pretty sure you will only get one or two of those colors, but I have no idea which one or two.

I'd love to see pictures when the chicks hatch, and when they grow their feathers too :)

Back
Top Bottom