Black To White Experiment

If anything it'll make it tougher in the roosters, but if the genetic percentage is low enough it won't make a difference tenderness can be selected for.
Didn't know tenderness can be selected for. Not exactly sure how you'd know without having to eat each offspring to find out?

Didn't know tenderness can be selected for. Not exactly sure how you'd know without having to eat each offspring to find out?
Maybe butcher the first dozen offspring from a given pair, then decide whether to hatch more from that pair?

Or hatch a bunch of offspring from a given bird, then butcher that bird and decide if it was tender, which tells whether to keep its offspring (tender) or whether to butcher them too (tough).

Maybe butcher the first dozen offspring from a given pair, then decide whether to hatch more from that pair?

Or hatch a bunch of offspring from a given bird, then butcher that bird and decide if it was tender, which tells whether to keep its offspring (tender) or whether to butcher them too (tough).
Will try this another time. Will be trying a test run with some experimental meaties, of EE/Brahma X Malay this year. But will keep this in mind.

The way I've done it was to test the offspring of various pairs even switching roosters from one hen to the other and then continuing the line from whichever tasted the best.
I selected for flavor in the meat without any seasoning knowing that if I already know the meat is high quality I can minimally season it as I wish.

The way I've done it was to test the offspring of various pairs even switching roosters from one hen to the other and then continuing the line from whichever tasted the best.
I selected for flavor in the meat without any seasoning knowing that if I already know the meat is high quality I can minimally season it as I wish.
These are the offspring of Dino, & Smarty Pants, 1 pullet is from Smarty's daughter. I no longer have Dino, but have his sons, along with his daughters.

I know this an old post. I just wanted to point out that #2 and #4 show the most wing development. I am not sure as to what consistitues enough wing development to determine a female.

Back
Top Bottom