Black x legbar sexlink?

I think the chicks would be all black or not sexlinked.
With a black roo, you'd need barred hens to make a sexlinked batch, boys should be have a head spot. What other hens do you have?

I think the chicks would be all black or not sexlinked.
With a black roo, you'd need barred hens to make a sexlinked batch, boys should be have a head spot. What other hens do you have?
I figured I'd use my extra Black Marans roo with some of my barred rocks, and cuckoo marans, I've heard the girls come out black, like pops and the boys are barred like the moms. I'm wondering if the barred gene the legbars carry is strong enough to present that way too? It looks so subtle on some of them. More like speckles than bars sometimes.

I figured I'd use my extra Black Marans roo with some of my barred rocks, and cuckoo marans, I've heard the girls come out black, like pops and the boys are barred like the moms. I'm wondering if the barred gene the legbars carry is strong enough to present that way too? It looks so subtle on some of them. More like speckles than bars sometimes.
I am not sure, I think that since the underlying colors under a legbars barring isn't just black, it throws off the 'recipe'.. you could try it.

I am not sure, I think that since the underlying colors under a legbars barring isn't just black, it throws off the 'recipe'.. you could try it.
Yeah, I'm wondering about that too. Haha If I try it I'll post results! Thanks 🙂

Back
Top Bottom