Blame the right dog! (RANT)

GrayDragon

Chillaxin
10 Years
Sep 2, 2009
Minnesota
Somebody's dog got my neighbor's sister's cat yesterday. It was black and sorta big, so right away she assumed it was my 'vicious pit bull'.

If my dog is outside, he is either on his dog run or we are with him. He also wears a bell when outside so that if he does get out of my sight I can track him by ear. It's LOUD. He is my responsibility, and I take that seriously. I've put a LOT of effort into his training. So actually has my cat, she gave him a few swats on the nose to reinforce the idea that kitty =/= toy.

But, he is still a pup, and from breeds with good prey drives. That's why we supervise him, to make sure he stays on his property. She got in my face and was calling me a liar, that she wanted reimbursement and the 'vicious pit bull' put down.

Now, had it actually been my dog, or if it could reasonably have been my dog, I'd have reimbursed her. However, he got some shots yesterday. He doesn't take shots well, at all. This is documented by our vets.

Bo.gif

That's how he spent the day yesterday. It took bacon to get him to move, and even then he had to think about it for a couple minutes. I had to use the puppy pads because he wouldn't go outside, not even for the bacon. (he's almost as bad as my husband when he isn't feeling well. Blah, males)

And yes, those of you who know dogs, he is most definitely not a 'vicious pit bull'. Lab Boxer cross.

So, now I have to figure out how to mend fences with this neighbor. And keep an eye out for a cat-killing stray.

I have two dogs that keep getting blamed for everything at my neighbor's house!!

One has had to live on a tie out since an incident a couple months ago... and so when they came up to blame us for that we insisted it wasn't possible! So then it must've been the "other" one...

the other one we call "Log" ... no way.

anyway... we're close to having the whole property fenced in..

what else can you do...?
hu.gif

Apparently the reason she is so convinced it was my dog is that her cat was on my property when it was attacked.

So no ill will with my actual neighbor, he assures me she's going home soon and he'd warned her about keeping the cat (who was normally an indoor cat, declawed and everything) safe.

I feel a little bad for the cat, it never stood a chance. First time in the big outdoors and it couldn't even defend itself.

What a sad story for both you and the neighbor. Why is a declawed (don't get me started) cat out, unsupervised, in YOUR yard? The whole thing is a bummer
sad.png

Last edited:
It isn't fair that you have to fence your yard in but this might be the only way to protect yourself from crazy accusations like this again.

What a nutty woman. Sorry that you had to endure that. She is lucky that you didn't call the cops after her for harrasment.

How could she not blame herself?

Back
Top Bottom