Bleach in ponds?

Yesterday someone posted about the same question. They used a 700 gallon per hour pump and made a filtering system out of a garbage can & furnace filters. Sounded like a fish pond system. They said their duck pond stayed crystal clear. In the same vein you could buy a pond UV light to kill the algae.

Imp

Quote:
With out getting into the pros and cons of ACV may I point out that any acid of the correct strength will do the same job! And might I point out that the floaties and "mother" so beloved by Natural people is a culture of bacteria whose whole life is based on converting alcohol to acetic acid, unles your birds have a lot of alcohol in them it isn't going to help much LOL. The mother can be used to convert stale beer into malt vinegar or unsulfited wine into wine vinegar (the sulfite is added to wine to stop the growth of yeast and the mother that otherwise would proceed to convert wine to vinegar in the bottle..

I do yes, however there are times we do just regular ACV too. They say you should get the one with mother, but I don't ALWAYS.

I do sometimes give them a week off from the ACV in the drinking water I am sure it would not hurt them to do it all the time, but to be safe, I do give them an occasional break.
smile.png

Last edited:
Hi, I have created a very nice aviaary that cost me $2400 and I even mechanized the plumbing that I do not have to go thogh hard work to change water since I do not
just water to fall in the coop. I was using sump pump to take the water away so the duck coop stay dry.

Now I used bulk head fittings, so I can just hook up the hose outside and there is a submered utility pump that will pump the water away from the coop and
then fresh water will come in. I do not think chaging water once a week is sufficent and more like every other day is an option but it seems to me they are blooming algaw constantly even the next day.

Can I put a cup of bleach in a 120 gallong of water? Please let me know

Yes,l I just plumbed my pond with a bio filter and I am adding a 700 gallon pump since really changing water even every three days are not working. I think, I will add a UV in there as well. However, I am calling right now a health food store to get this ACV ( apple cider vinegar). I can't stand the smell and algie. I just changed water yesterday and it has turned green already.

I did the same thing, I added a bio filter but I will use Apple Cider Vinegar with it since someone said it helps thier digestive system.

My ducks are given fresh water in a waterer, extra water pan, as well as a kiddie pool on a daily basis. I had a pond and it smelled up the entire backyard thanks to the ducks. They are now all perfectly content swimming around in their kiddie pools.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom