Bleach? Why do they like the smell?

chickathon

Chirping
8 Years
Aug 12, 2011
West Virginia
I have out door cats who would be free to be indoors if they would ever use their (multiple) litter boxes. They love the smell of bleach. They slobber all over me when I go outside to give them attention. I do always wash my hand liberally to try to rid my hands of the smell. But they seem to always detect any sign of it. They can't seem to get enough. It happened only two times for me to figure it out I was confused on their behavior. I thought that it was just me they liked and was giving me a good cleaning. They licked and drooled until my hands and their faces were wet. I am having to avoid them for a couple of days to keep from them comming in contact with it. It can't be healthy. Anyone knows what is up with it? They acted like they had gotten ahold of some really good cat nip.

lau.gif
I do like the smell of bleach too but not too much of it.

I hate bleach. Ugh. The only reason that poison is still in my house is because we raw feed. I can't even handle being in the same room after I spray it.

That's pretty funny though, your cats must have found a good cat nip alternative.
tongue.png
LOL

Funny you say that! Mine do the same thing.... they rub on my hands if i have been using bleach.
smile.png

I myself like the smell of lightly bleached linens. I think it reminds me of vacation, I don't do it all the time, just occasionally. And my husband thought it was him I was drooling over!
love.gif

My dog like stainless steel cleaner -- you know the no fingerprint on your appliance stuff, she would lick the stove for hours after I shined everything up, so I had to stop using it!

Last edited:
i will confess i do have a thing for bleach

i bleach my counters every other day... and i bleach my floors weekly..

i will take a bucket weekly and wash the door handles slight switches things we touch a lot...

I dilute 1 cap of bleach to 2L of water...

Back
Top Bottom