Bleenie Duck is broody!!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by PlumTuckered, Oct 19, 2011.

1. PlumTuckered

PlumTuckered Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2007
    Arkansas
    Bleenie duck is officially broody, she's on a big nest of eggs, most Muscovy, some Muscovy/Pekin. She's been on her nest for a steady 5 days/nights, is doing the squeek thing at me and the other ducks and all ruffled up. This morning she came out for a bit to eat and drink and I see her caruncles are pale as well. I started adding dry dog food to her feed dish, she won't touch the dry cat food. I'm so excited for my darling Bleenie Girl!!!

Michelle

2. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Quote:Thats great! Hope they all hatch!!!! I have some eggs in my bator! And they are all forming! Im super excited! cant wait to see wait you get!

3. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

She didn't even come from me but i am overwhelmed with excitement for her!! [​IMG] [​IMG] I also have 2 girls on nests, Chuck(around 2wks in) and Floozie just started sitting along with 2 wyandotte hens, all seperate nests!

I am pretty sure someone else(duck) is building a nest too! [​IMG]

4. PlumTuckered

PlumTuckered Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2007
    Arkansas
    Congratulations Girls!!!
    I'm so excited for Bleenie Duck...she's only 7 months old so I was surprised to see her go broody. She built a beautiful nest and even though it's a two duck nesting box she kicked Scrappy my Pekin out of it when she decided to go broody LOL I carried a handful of catfood out there and she laid on her nest and ate it out of my hand..I don't want her getting run down in there. She looks so regal on that nest! I'll take a photo of her on it tomorrow.

Michelle

5. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Quote:What a blessing so happy for you!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by