Night before last I decided that the 9 week old chicks were just getting too heavy to cart up the hill every day to put in the brooder. They have been spending the days in the divided big girls run. There was no coop for them so up and down the hill I went. Saturday I opened the run to let the big girl free range and then opened the divider up. I stayed outside most of the day to monitor and there were no real issues just a few scrimmages. Sunday same thing but the little ones actually came out of the run to free range. Monday I spent the day giving the little ones a safe place inside the 8 x 8 coop. A place the big girls could not get into. I picked each chick up and put them into the safe place so they knew it was there. I drug down an old u shaped log holder for a roost place. It is lower than the big girls so I knew they wouldn't want it. Monday night nervously I shut them all together and waited outside to make sure all seemed well. This morning I went down extra early and opened the door so no one was stuck together too long. The babies were all on the floor, part in the safe place happy as could be and the older ones were all in their perspective places. Everything went well better than I thought. I guess it was because for about 6 weeks the little ones were in sight of the older hens and my one roo. So I may have done a few things wrong but it worked.