Blind chick (I don’t think she has eyes or not yet opened!) 😢

MenagerieMummy

Hatching
May 25, 2024
My silkie (first time mum) has hatched 7 chicks over the last 5 days .. the last two hatched last night! One keeps falling over and is being pushed out from under the heat plate by the other chicks .. I keep finding it on its own!😢 .. it looks to me like it doesn’t have eyes or maybe they just haven’t opened.. It’s very quiet - just lays there! The last time I found it was on the ground outside of the coop (which is raised) - wondering if a parent kicked it out??? I’ve separated it tonight to try and warm up under lamp and give some TLC! … has anyone had this problem .. is it likely to survive? I’m a total novice and totally out of my depth! Please help!

My silkie (first time mum) has hatched 7 chicks over the last 5 days .. the last two hatched last night! One keeps falling over and is being pushed out from under the heat plate by the other chicks .. I keep finding it on its own!😢 .. it looks to me like it doesn’t have eyes or maybe they just haven’t opened.. It’s very quiet - just lays there! The last time I found it was on the ground outside of the coop (which is raised) - wondering if a parent kicked it out??? I’ve separated it tonight to try and warm up under lamp and give some TLC! … has anyone had this problem .. is it likely to survive? I’m a total novice and totally out of my depth! Please help!
Do you have a picture of the chick? You will probably need to raise her separately to give her a chance.

Back
Top Bottom