Blind Chick Question!!!!!

16 paws

Songster
10 Years
Aug 14, 2012
North San Diego County, Vista, Ca.
hello,
I have a blind chick that is about two months old. She is doing well but I have a question.

I dont know where to keep her at night. She is in a coop that is attached to the main coop and she is in there with her two sisters from her hatch. The sisters go up to roost and leave "Chicken Little" down on the ground by her self. This coop has hardware cloth sides with a wood roof. The hardware cloth is 1/2 inch by 1/2 inch. When I go in there in the evening after dark I see tiny little mice scurry away. I dont like the idea of her on the ground by herself with those mice.
Anyone out there ever raise a blind chicken that can give me some advice?
Thanks so much in advance.

I would put a low roosting bar for her. I've had chickens blind in one eye, but not both. I would also try to focus on getting rid of the mice. Keep feed stored in galvanized cans, or mice proof containers.

I would put a low roosting bar for her. I've had chickens blind in one eye, but not both. I would also try to focus on getting rid of the mice. Keep feed stored in galvanized cans, or mice proof containers.

Yes I do keep feed in a mouse proof container but when she eats she spills a lot. I try and clean it up but it is impossible to get it all. Looking for a better way to feed her as well.
Thanks for your advice
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom