Blister/ burn?

Quackpack22

Chirping
Apr 29, 2019
Hi everyone ! I have an issue, my Pekin hen recently developed this blister like lump on her bill I separated her because people told me it was fowl pox but I'm not convinced. It's winter here and was told it was spread by mosquitos. She is very vocal as usual and eating and drinking normally, good appetite. It is soft, it's been almost a week and I've seen nothing new arise. But I let her back with the flock today snd now she has a bright red almost blood spot on her upper beak by nostril. I don't have a photo of that right now but can get one tomorrow. My thought was maybe she burned it on the exhaust of my car? They do go under it and I had it running the other day it is possible or I thought maybe she injured it on some metal.hanging feeders I have. None of the other 5 ducks have anything like it on them at all. none

Attachments

• 20221216_105713.jpg
    20221216_105713.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 26
  • VideoCapture_20221216-204702.jpg
    VideoCapture_20221216-204702.jpg
    309.6 KB · Views: 6
  • VideoCapture_20221216-204622.jpg
    VideoCapture_20221216-204622.jpg
    429 KB · Views: 10
Could she be sticking her bill under fencing or something else that might be causing problems?
I just don't think she would have fowlpox in winter unless your in the south where mosquitos are still abundant.

Could she be sticking her bill under fencing or something else that might be causing problems?
I just don't think she would have fowlpox in winter unless your in the south where mosquitos are still abundant.
It's possible, I have a metal run and metal hanging feeders I always wonder about... just so strange she's the only one whi has them. I just got her this spring never had her for a winter before. And we had the run this spring and summer, but I didn't have the hanging feeders.

It's possible, I have a metal run and metal hanging feeders I always wonder about... just so strange she's the only one whi has them. I just got her this spring never had her for a winter before. And we had the run this spring and summer, but I didn't have the hanging feeders.
Also not in South. In UP Michigan

Well it's going to be hard to sit and watch her being it's winter. So it will have to be elimination check inside their run and coop if there looks like any possibility she might be sticking her bill under something. It's amazing where they can stick those bills. Try using some antibiotic ointment probably the best time to use it will be in the evening when you put them to bed so she doesn't wash it off. Also Veterycin spray is another good one to use. I saw where a vet online rec if it is a water blister to use a sterile pin and put a tiny hole in the blister but you have to know if it's full of water. It doesn't look like a blood blister.

Back
Top Bottom