Blisters on foot

abbzgrl

Chirping
5 Years
Aug 4, 2014
Hilliard Florida

Just found my chicken limping around. Noticed two big blisters on her foot. No scab on the bottom of her foot. Could it still be bumble foot? And how do I treat it? I've done bumble foot treatment before where you excise the scab but how would I treat this?

I think I would still soak her foot in an Epsom salt bath. That certainly couldn't hurt. Keep her in a small pen to limit her walking around and for observation
Maybe one of the more medical minded folks will chime in.
Good luck.

I think I would still soak her foot in an Epsom salt bath. That certainly couldn't hurt. Keep her in a small pen to limit her walking around and for observation
Maybe one of the more medical minded folks will chime in.
Good luck.

X2

It looks like it could be a staph infection. Soak in epsom salts bath and keep her on clean dry bedding.
You may be able to treat with antibiotics, but it may have to be lanced as well. See if the soaking helps reduce any inflammation and swelling first. You can apply some topical ointment like plain neosporin.

Let us know how she does.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1108438/limping-swollen-foot

Soaked her foot this morning. The blisters were already draining on their own so I just put pressure on it to drain it all. Went to tractor supply and bought a bunch of stuff. Sprayed it with veterycin. Put triple antibiotic ointment and wrapped it. Hopefully she heals quickly.

Soaked her foot this morning. The blisters were already draining on their own so I just put pressure on it to drain it all. Went to tractor supply and bought a bunch of stuff. Sprayed it with veterycin. Put triple antibiotic ointment and wrapped it. Hopefully she heals quickly.
You may want to give the foot a soak in epsom salts or betadine at least once a day, if feet are still draining try to get as much pus out as you can, then dry and put on your ointment then wrap it up. Leave her on clean dry bedding.

thumbsup.gif

You may want to give the foot a soak in epsom salts or betadine at least once a day, if feet are still draining try to get as much pus out as you can, then dry and put on your ointment then wrap it up. Leave her on clean dry bedding.

goodpost.gif

Back
Top Bottom