bloated duck

My Indian Khaki female is very bloated. It's all fluid - you can feel it. She can not get in or out of the pool, and can't run very fast. Her belly sometimes hangs on the ground, and then it'll get a bit smaller. It's bigger again right now. She doesn't appear to be in bad health otherwise, though her feathers look like she's molting. She hasn't laid an egg since late spring, but she is not egg bound.
So I have a female Khaki Campbell with the same problem. She looks exactly the same as yours. What did you end up doing? I tried treating for water belly (syringe and needle to try to get the fluid) but I never get anything.... I'm starting to think that's not the problem :confused:

I’m going to piggy back on this post for my Khaki Campbell, Curly. She’s a little slower than everyone else. I thought maybe she was egg bound, but I have not felt an egg. She laid a few eggs in early spring but hasn’t lain one in over 2 months. She frequently squawks like she’s broody, but I’m now beginning to wonder if she’s just uncomfortable. She acted the same last year and was fine and normal during winter, no pooch even. Anyway, I’m considering just trying to see if she has fluid, but I don’t want to cause her unnecessary stress. I do have a vet to advise me, but financially, I need to limit vet visits.
I’ve attached pictures, but the video won’t load
AD58F8A9-28DD-4AE0-928D-E7B8AFB28094.jpeg
CB923810-FBCA-4254-857A-809D018E1FE3.jpeg
3F614504-0291-44AF-A87C-F732476CAED3.jpeg
B795D32A-06AB-4396-BC42-2300FE2721D8.jpeg
263891B0-0F2C-45BF-82CC-031F08C5EA20.jpeg

Look up Ascites she may have the beginning. I have a few Runner females that look to have fluid in their low tummy but so far they are doing fine. I have been using dried Greek oregano over their feed as a natural antibiotic and Vit C in their drinking bucket.

Look up Ascites she may have the beginning. I have a few Runner females that look to have fluid in their low tummy but so far they are doing fine. I have been using dried Greek oregano over their feed as a natural antibiotic and Vit C in their drinking bucket.
Thank you, I started putting oregano in the feed and she seems to be doing marginally better. They have Hen Boost in their water on occasion as well. I’ve been wondering if it’s ascites, but I don’t want to get needles and drain her unnecessarily.

Back
Top Bottom