Blood coming from the pip site

Candice W

In the Brooder
5 Years
Oct 8, 2014
Tennessee
I am incubating eggs and today is day 21. I woke up this morning to chirping from inside the eggs and 2 of the three alreday had pip areas. Now one of them has a bigger hole and I can see it trying to break through, but now there is bright red blood there. Is this normal? I know I can't do anything, but now I'm a worried, nervous wreck!!!

It looks like it probably nicked a vein when pipping. But it doesn't look like very much blood at all, and if it is still strong enough to get on with zipping, it'll probably be fine. Good luck little chicky!
fl.gif

couldn't figure out the video, so I wanted to share some pictures with you all. She/he made it out!!! Way to go little chicky!! Thanks for the response! The one right next to it is now trying to work it's way out, and also has some blood but not a lot. I'll keep you all updated!! I may have more questions!!

Thanks!! I had another hatch a couple hours after that first one!! They are so precious! I'll take some pics of them all fluffed up.
jumpy.gif

What an experience!! I have 6 more that are due to hatch on Friday. I'm hoping all goes well with that bunch!! I appreciate all your help
everyone!! I'm sure I'll have more questions!!
smile.png

Last edited:
They are doing great! My profile pic is from that group. It's my Easter Egger that isn't doing well. Can you read my other post in a different forum? I just posted something about her with pics.

Back
Top Bottom