Blood in Stool

Kaybug137

Songster
11 Years
Apr 18, 2012
Texas
Tonight I was holding my jersey giant, I was holding him or her, didn't seem fluffed up or anything noticed her crop was empty, lightly felt of it and it was squishy, I let her perch on my hand next moment she pooped, and it had a lot of blood in it, I didn't think to take a picture of it, but then the next time she pooped not so much blood, and then another time it had no blood, then the next alittle, and now its solids poo's I'm not sure if it's cause she ate a lot of fly's which there were a lot around, I searched the box for poo that had blood in it did not see any, so her first time pooping that blood was when I was holding her. I separated her from the other chickens which was when I notice about an hour after I put her in, her poo's got solid again. I looked in the other box and I saw someone else's poo having a little bit of blood in it, I had brought the older girls around the youngsters before any of this happened I am praying its just the fly's and nothing serious, they are all happy and eating and drinking. and their bedding is hay, and they are about 4 weeks old and the two silkies are older then that can't remember how old they were when I got them. they are older then the others though.

I hope I didn't get the older's sick by bringing the youngsters near the older ones! .. I am scared that I got everyone sick, and I am hoping its fly's.... Please help!

Yes, I feed the medicated chick starter, Where do you think they might've picked this up..? Like the chick was fine and then she poo'd blood, she still seems fine and her droppings seem normal now,

Could it also be fly's they might've ate?

it could be cocci. do you feed them medicated chick starter? it could also be them shedding some intestinal lining.
X2 on cocci and shedding lining. However, feeding medicated food does keep them from getting it. You might want to treat with Corid just to be safe. If you don't already have one, get a kitchen scale and weigh your chick. If it's not gaining weight, it's sick.

Oh and, lastnight her crop was squishy, and now today it feels like its got food in it again, Her poops are normal, I am still hoping it isn't coccidosis cause my cat had been in the box too him being sneaky, and the other chicks seem fine.

Oh and, lastnight her crop was squishy, and now today it feels like its got food in it again, Her poops are normal, I am still hoping it isn't coccidosis cause my cat had been in the box too him being sneaky, and the other chicks seem fine. 

You don't need to worry about coccidiosis and your cat.

Seems I can't get the medicene at the moment I will try the milk flush I read about.[FONT=tahoma, arial, helvetica, sans-serif].[/FONT]

Back
Top Bottom