Blood in un-developed egg?

77horses

◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊
15 Years
Aug 19, 2008
Maine
Last week, i think, I had four eggs in my bator. One started developing, but the other three didn't. So I waited until day 10 before i decided it was time to get them out. I cracked two open(which weren't fertile by the looks of it) and the other, very dark one. The dark one had some blood in it! :eek: It looked like it started to develop, but had died.
sad.png
But why was there some blood in it?
hu.gif
Thanks!

When eggs begin to develop they begin with tiny little networks of veins filled with life giving blood. The membranes act very much like the placenta in a human pregnancy. You are seeing the beginnings of life.

Quote:
So the egg WAS fertile?
sad.png
I wonder why it died...I waited til day 10 before deciding that it wasn't developing(since by day 7 it had no veins) Poor little egg...
sad.png
sad.png
sad.png
sad.png
sad.png

It could have died or it could have had the blood in it from the start and never developed. I just cracked open an egg today that had so much blood in it, I was shocked. It was fertile, but would not have had a chance to start development. Never had that happen before, that much blood. Many eggs with meat spots or blood spots never even develop, even if they're fertile.

Ya. Thanks for the advise!
smile.png
I still wish the chick could have lived...would have been a cute little guy...now I'm waiting for the egg that has made it this far to pip soon. It's expected to be delayed, though. Driving me CRAZY!!!
ep.gif
fl.gif
lau.gif
I have some doubts though, but sometimes when I am looking at the egg in the bator through the window, I think I can see it tremble, and that gives me more hope that it's till alive.
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom