Blood Ring Day 9?

TillyD

Songster
Jun 1, 2022
Day 9 end of day candling, and 8 of my 9 eggs look awesome... This is the very last of them, and I don't see any movement. Air cell is present, though.... What does a blood ring look like? Is this one? I took a picture, turned it 180° and took another picture. Google is not much help! If it is a blood ring, do I need to take that egg out now, or will it be okay for a few days? I don't plan to candle again til Day 14?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220617-140220_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220617-140220_Gallery.jpg
    391.5 KB · Views: 45
  • Screenshot_20220617-140236_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220617-140236_Gallery.jpg
    427.8 KB · Views: 32
I personally wouldn't worry about it. If the incubation conditions are optimal, it will develop or it won't. If it doesn't leak or stink, I leave them. I have removed and opened enough eggs with viable embryos that I no longer jump to conclusions till much later in incubation.

I personally wouldn't worry about it. If the incubation conditions are optimal, it will develop or it won't. If it doesn't leak or stink, I leave them. I have removed and opened enough eggs with viable embryos that I no longer jump to conclusions till much later in incubation.
I opened one viable one with my first hatching. After that, I only remove stinkers and "floaters." But someone told me ones with blood rings can explode and introduce bacteria and compromise all your other eggs... But not to worry about that til lockdown?! So much conflicting info out there! 🤦‍♀️😅

I opened one viable one with my first hatching. After that, I only remove stinkers and "floaters." But someone told me ones with blood rings can explode and introduce bacteria and compromise all your other eggs... But not to worry about that til lockdown?! So much conflicting info out there! 🤦‍♀️😅
What do you mean by sinkers and floaters?

Day 20, and this egg is pipped! 😀 IDK what's gonna come out of here. It was a massive egg... But I'm excited!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220627-222901_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20220627-222901_Gallery.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 26
Day 20, and this egg is pipped! 😀 IDK what's gonna come out of here. It was a massive egg... But I'm excited!
Sorry I'm just now seeing this or I totally would've been anxiously awaiting news! Because now I gotta know- did it hatch? Also, was this a chicken egg, and if so, from what breed/crossing?

Sorry I'm just now seeing this or I totally would've been anxiously awaiting news! Because now I gotta know- did it hatch? Also, was this a chicken egg, and if so, from what breed/crossing?
Yup! A beautiful gold baby! It was my second of the 9 I had in the incubator to hatch! These are from a friend of a friend, not a hatchery. Just her Easter Eggers, which were decended from Wyandottes, Amauracanas, and Welsummers among others.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220628-124605_blurams.jpg
    Screenshot_20220628-124605_blurams.jpg
    980.4 KB · Views: 30

Back
Top Bottom