Bloody chicken

DuckingLost

Songster
6 Years
Mar 29, 2018
I have a bantam Brahma hen names King. She is kinda mean just started laying and pecking. She was living with her Japanese bantam husband, Queen. He has started to show maturing interest and bit her a few times. They also go out together in a little day coop The other day I noticed her feathers on her neck standing up. Upon inspection we found a deep gash from her ear hole and about 2in back. Could Queen have done this? I added ACV to her water and triple antibiotic to the the gash. I have also separated them! But they are alone now and don't seem to like it much.

I have a bantam Brahma hen names King. She is kinda mean just started laying and pecking. She was living with her Japanese bantam husband, Queen. He has started to show maturing interest and bit her a few times. They also go out together in a little day coop The other day I noticed her feathers on her neck standing up. Upon inspection we found a deep gash from her ear hole and about 2in back. Could Queen have done this? I added ACV to her water and triple antibiotic to the the gash. I have also separated them! But they are alone now and don't seem to like it much.
Pictures?

It's possible the cockerel injured her, but you will want to inspect your housing - little day coop(?) for any wire/nails/staples that she may have gotten cut on as well.
How big of space are they kept in?

It's just him and her. She has recently started laying. Maybe I should try to rehome him. My other (regular size hens) peck and chase him. I've checked the little coop they stay in during the day. There are no sharp edges screws or nails.

Back
Top Bottom