Bloody poop

Jan 2, 2018
Florida
i have 3 buff laced polish that are about 2-3 months old and one of them (maybe all of them) have bloody poop! Like real blood not intestinal shedding! I dont have a pic but if they have another i will take a pic! They are fat, eating, drinking and are active! Is this coccidiosis? I noticed it today! Everyone else is fine too! They get apple cider vinegar and poultry cell (vitamins) in their water. And starting today are getting purina start and grow medicated feed mixed with their regular feed (purina game bird chow flight conditioner with black oil sunflower seeds, scratch and oats) they were getting the medicated feed when they were born obviously! What should i do!!! I show poultry so these are my future winners!!! :barnie:D:idunno:hit:confused:

I agree with starting some Corid in the water to treat for possible coccidiosis. Corid is pretty harmless to use. Dosage is 2 tsp of the liquid Corid or 1 1/2 tsp of the powder per gallon of water mixed daily for 5-7 days. Probiotics can be used as well in the feed, or after the Corid, in the water. Stop the ACV in the water, as it can cause intestinal irritation while they are sick, and should not be mixed with Corid.

Tractor Supply,
Rural King, Southern States, and most feed stores. It is a cattle medicine as well as being for coccidiosis. The liquid looks cheaper at TSC. Here is what to look for:
upload_2018-11-18_18-13-56.jpeg
upload_2018-11-18_18-14-27.jpeg

i have 3 buff laced polish that are about 2-3 months old and one of them (maybe all of them) have bloody poop! Like real blood not intestinal shedding! I dont have a pic but if they have another i will take a pic! They are fat, eating, drinking and are active! Is this coccidiosis? I noticed it today! Everyone else is fine too! They get apple cider vinegar and poultry cell (vitamins) in their water. And starting today are getting purina start and grow medicated feed mixed with their regular feed (purina game bird chow flight conditioner with black oil sunflower seeds, scratch and oats) they were getting the medicated feed when they were born obviously! What should i do!!! I show poultry so these are my future winners!!! :barnie:D:idunno:hit:confused:

I agree to get them started on Corid asap.
I would also stop the Poultry Cell until you finish with treatment.

I'm not that familiar with the Game Bird Chow, you may want to compare that with the Start & Grow. The Game Bird chow is formulated for Quail, Duck, Guinea, Chukars, etc. It's probably fine to use, but I find no listing of the vitamins/minerals for that.

Are you mixing the sunflower seeds, scratch and oats with your feed?

Back
Top Bottom