Bloody poop

Debshappyflock71

Chirping
Oct 2, 2021
I noticed bloody poop in the bottom run of my 7 week old serama chicks coop run ! I’ve always heard that bloody poop was an indicator of cocidiosis ! But this sure seems like a lot of blood ! They’re 7 weeks old . I’m feeding them game bird chick starter , fresh water daily , acv weekly ! I had been currently treating them for canker with ronidozole because I had a couple of them had some bumps on their beaks and someone from the chicken vet group advised me to treat them with that ! So now I’m afraid I may be harming them instead ! Please any advise would be appreciated !

Attachments

• 5812DC62-6D4D-4413-A366-BBEF4C674B1D.jpeg
    5812DC62-6D4D-4413-A366-BBEF4C674B1D.jpeg
    593.9 KB · Views: 18
Can you see if anyone has been pecked or a if a blood feather is bleeding?That looks pretty red, and there is no poop with it, so I would say it is an injury, but how does the chick look?

Can you see if anyone has been pecked or a if a blood feather is bleeding?That looks pretty red, and there is no poop with it, so I would say it is an injury, but how does the chick look?
I inspected everyone and can find a spec of blood on none nor a bloody boody so I’m lost on this one cuz I’ve never seen this with any of my chicks before

They’re 7 weeks old . I’m feeding them game bird chick starter , fresh water daily , acv weekly ! I had been currently treating them for canker with ronidozole because I had a couple of them had some bumps on their beaks and someone from the chicken vet group advised me to treat them with that !
Do you have photos of the chicks and the lesions/bumps on their beaks?

Are any of the chicks acting off - fluffed up, lethargic, not eating/drinking, etc.?

You haven't found any more bloody poop at all?

Back
Top Bottom