Blowing Eggs

I went and got a large syringe from the feed store for giving meds. I poke a small hole in one end, making sure to go through the membrane and on the other end I make a hole big enough for the tip of the syringe to insert. Then I use a shish kabob skewer to scramble the egg inside and then suck out the insides with the syringe. The small hole on the other end is for a vent so the egg doesn't collapse on itself.

You can use a meat marinading injector, too.

Or if I know I will be making hanging ornaments with a "scene" inside, I use cuticle scissors to carefully cut out a hole in the side and dump the egg contents out.

Try baking them in the oven for about 20 minutes, at 200 degrees. That'll help dry it out and sanitize the inside. Also, I like to squirt some rubbing alcohol in the shells, shake it around, and flush it out with water. Just in case
smile.png

I just syringe in some boiling hot water with antibacterial dish soap in it...swish it around...and let it dry completly. That is all I do and I play with eggs alot like this and have been OK.
smile.png

You should share your bumber crop with me
wink.png
- I need goose eggs for my next project - get as many colorful eggs/all shapes/sizes and make a picture out of them. I saw something like it on google and you know...I gotttta LOL

Last edited:
I've making only one hole in the bottom ... with my handy dremel tool. We blow the insides out with a small basketball pump ... can do quite a few at one sitting.

Thanks for the suggestions. What I needed was input on making sure the insides are clean and dry so they are don't smell or stain. I tried a couple of things, but wasn't totally satisfied with the results.

Unfortunately, I am not talented enough to go beyond creating eggs FOR decorating. So these will be for sale once blown. All the eggs are good sized, pretty uniform, and white. (I have two female geese, so no fertile goose eggs.)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom