Blowing out first egg

Gonzo

Songster
10 Years
May 25, 2009
Southwestern, In
Does anyone know how to "blow out" an egg & fill it with plaster? We got our first egg last week, and we want to keep it. (we're silly!) Or, does anyone have any other idea's on how to preserve it?

I have never filled my blown out eggs with anything, but I don't know why it wouldn't work. A trick I found to help remove the egg is a marinade injector. That way you only have one hole. Just make a hole big enough to get the needle in and suction the egg out. Be careful and go slow. Then use the injector to rinse out the egg with water (go slow with this too, I've made the egg explode from going too fast.) We blew out a couple goose eggs last year and about gave ourselves aneurysms.
smile.png

You might also want to practice on a couple store bought eggs to get the hang of it before you start on your baby
smile.png

Hope this helps!

We did this when I was little. Not the plaster part.

With a needle, you poke a hole at one end, and then poke a bigger hole at the other end. Blow into one of the holes till the stuff starts to come out. Have a bowl to catch the contents. When it gets to the yolk, you can swizzle the needle in there to break it so it comes out easier. After it's emptied, rinse it out. Let it dry. You can then squeeze glue into it and swirl it around till it's coated. Let dry.

This is how we made egg ornaments.

I just poke at both ends and blow. Then fry up the contents
smile.png
I've done almost 30 duck eggs like this and my first 3 Leghorn eggs. I never put anything in them. I can post pics if need be.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom