BLRW bantam chicks from Ideal

Quote:
Honestly, to me they don't look all that impressive. They look like a redder version of a GLW.....if I hadn't done my homework I would think thaat is what they are, in fact.

When I got mine I kinda went with a mid grade I guess you would say. I didn't buy the insanely expensive ones and I didn't go hatchery either. I got 6 eggs for around the $20 range....4 hatched, one roo 3 hens, and I am absolutely thrilled with them.
smile.png

Please post pics
fl.gif

Lurky still no pictures sorry!!!!!!!
But that said I think my Bantam BLRW are the most beautiful chicken I have ever seen.
My Favorite is my Black laced red she is Black but with bottle green sheen with red lacing and great conformation.
And a blue laced red roo that is really beautiful.
Just pretty nice little birds to look at !!!!

Just for the record, my comments about the things i was told about hatchery stock, was only pertaining to bantam blrw's....... not standard.

And Ms Lewis Rich, i know you dont have pics, i was asking for Luvmychicknkids for pics.
But thanks. I'll be seeing mine in 15 days
smile.png

I've got a black laced red hen and a couple of very young pullets that are also black laced red. I've also got 2 young roos that are black laced red. I plan on putting the roos with some of my lighter blue laced to help bring back the darker blue lacing in their chicks. My older hen has a little more gold in her hackles than I'd like, but the rest of her body is a nice red color. The pullets look so far like they're going to be a nice shade of red all the way thru. I know some people don't care for the black laced, but you need them to keep that pretty shade of blue in the lacing.

Quote:
This is very true....and the one reason I kinda wish I had some of the black laced. My main purpose for now, however, was to get some really pretty chickens to look at. I will probably, in the future, decide I need to add a black laced or two. Oh, and I certainly don't think they are ugly. I love the look of all the laced birds, anyway.
smile.png

I just got my first chickie babies, and two of them look exactly like your pics. They were sold as Aracaunas, which I think come in lots of colors; is this true? Or did I just buy an assortment of mixed chicks?

Back
Top Bottom