BLRW, Lt Brahma's... 6 weeks old now.. Guesses? *NEW PICS*

ItsAZOO32

Songster
9 Years
Mar 6, 2011
Titusville, Fl.
**Edited 6/5 to include new pics of the Brahmas and BLRW***

Hey everyone! I have several different breeds but I wanted to confirm my suspicions
wink.png
These are all 4 weeks old. Hatched on 4/30

Bird #1- BLRW roo?

81805_blrw5_27faceverypink.jpg

Bird #2- BLRW pullet?

81805_blrw5_27facepink.jpg

Bird #3- Wheaten Maran Roo

81805_maran5_27.jpg

Bird #4- Dark Brahma- pullet?

81805_crush5_27.jpg

Bird #5- Lt. Brahma pullet

81805_ltbrahmaface5_27.jpg

81805_ltbrahmaprofile5_27.jpg

Bird #6- Lt Brahma- roo

81805_ltbrahmaroo5_27.jpg

81805_ltbrahmafaceclose5_27.jpg

Thanks in advance!!
smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
ACK! Why #5 roo? I was so sure that 5 was a girl since 6 is also a Lt Brahma and very obviously a boy. I need to figure out my BLRW because I have 3 and only want to keep 2
hmm.png
Too many chickens! (according to hubby) LOL

Looking at your pictures, I am really wondering if my hatchery light brahmas are really darks. Only 2 weeks, so time will tell! But their bodies are a version of grey, one darker then the other.

I would also say the Dark Brahma is a suspect roo, but early to tell for sure. This is because the feather development is very delayed as compared to the Light Brahma pullet you have the same age and matches more the Light Brahma roo you have pictured.

A close-up of the comb could help and if you had a picture of the tail at less than a week that would help. Never had a roo, but in my research the consensus was that the roos have no tail early on where the pullets start with a tiny one at a few days.

Last edited:
Quote:
Well unfortunately my Dark Brahma is kind of a runt.
sad.png
It had a very difficult hatch and almost didn't make it. It has been much smaller and has taken longer to grow then the lights. It's about 1/3 of the size of most of my Light Brahmas. I will probably have to wait a while to identify that one

Ok here are updated pictures of the three BLRW and a couple of random Lt Brahma's.

Bird #1- BLRW Pullet?

81805_blrwpulleta6_5.jpg

Bird #2 BLRW Pullet?

81805_blrwpulletc6_5.jpg

Bird #3 BLRW Roo?

81805_blrwroo6_5.jpg

Bird #4 Lt Brahma Pullet?

81805_ltbrahmapulletc6_5.jpg

Bird #5 Lt Brahma Roo?

81805_ltbrahmaroo6_5.jpg

Thanks
smile.png