BLRW roo selection with lots of pics

tazcat70

I must be crazy!
13 Years
Oct 5, 2007
Kansas
My Coop
My Coop
Ok I am trying to choose a roo to keep. So I need lots of help.

I tried to take two pictures of each one, but I was using my phone and so some are not the best.

Roo and pullet #1

Roo #2

Roo #3

Roo #4

Roo #5 (my favorite)

Pullet just for fun

Ok tell me what you think.....

It's kind of hard to tell from the pictures. With the light pullets tho you'll get a better blue color with one of the darker roos. Wyandottes mature pretty slow so they'll all change a lot over the next several months. I know you don't want to feed them for the next several months tho.
wink.png

Thanks for the thoughts...

I would keep them all until they are bigger but, I have been lucky so far with the fact that they are 5 mos and no crowing, but I am sure that they will start soon. I have a couple of weeks to make a decision, but I don't think I can push it another month. I was thinking to get it down to my favorite two and keep them for a while before the final decision.

Would better if I took more pics or is it just going to be a crap shoot at this point who I keep?

Quote:
I know it's not always easy to get these kinds of shots, but photos from the side from a lower level most of the time are easier to see the body type. To some degree it is a crap shoot tho. I've kept birds that I thought were going to be good and then they didn't turn out like I had hoped.....I'm sure some I took to the auction and sold turned out way better.
smile.png
I'd like to be able to keep them all till they're mature, but I can't do that either.
smile.png

I'm also with Katy. Roosters of any breed aren't at their peak til 18 months. So picking one out early is not the way to go.

Back
Top Bottom