Blu-kote in the eye

TLove99

Chirping
Apr 1, 2015
Central Virginia
One of my hens has a bald spot on her neck. I'm pretty sure it's from pecking. I sprayed the spot with blu-kote tonight, along with her bottom which is also bald and red. Some one was holding her head to the side but once the spray hit her she jerked and put her eye right in the line of fire. It seems to be on her second lid. You can only see it when she blinks. I feel terrible about it. Is there something I need to do? She is very timid of humans. I had to wait until they were roosting to catch her. I don't know if doing something would be worse than just letting it wear off on its own. Thanks in advance.

One of my hens has a bald spot on her neck. I'm pretty sure it's from pecking. I sprayed the spot with blu-kote tonight, along with her bottom which is also bald and red. Some one was holding her head to the side but once the spray hit her she jerked and put her eye right in the line of fire. It seems to be on her second lid. You can only see it when she blinks. I feel terrible about it. Is there something I need to do? She is very timid of humans. I had to wait until they were roosting to catch her. I don't know if doing something would be worse than just letting it wear off on its own. Thanks in advance.
How did that eye turn out? I just sprayed one of my hens in the eye tonight and don't know what to do

I just accidentally got one of my hens in the eye tonight, what ended up happening with your hen? Was her eye ok? Thanks

Back
Top Bottom