Blue/cloudy eye?

Mollysaskia

Hatching
Jul 29, 2019
Took a few photos of my pheasant today using the flash and noticed he has a blue cloud/tinge on his eyes.

He doesn’t act as if he can’t see, in fact he’s very lively and observant.

Ideas?
DF552DDD-22D6-4018-B612-7F3365362D9A.jpeg
90DA3360-2013-474D-98EB-D114D60E92F0.jpeg

Chickens can get catatracts, and these cause a cloudy haze over the black pupil. Is the color of the iris the same color as before? Mareks disease can cause a greying of the eye color, as well as irregular shaped pupils due to a change in the iris. Infections, injuries, ammonia toxicity from droppings, and vitamin deficiency, or exposure to avian encephalomyelitis (AE) can cause cloudy eyes.

Chickens can get catatracts, and these cause a cloudy haze over the black pupil. Is the color of the iris the same color as before? Mareks disease can cause a greying of the eye color, as well as irregular shaped pupils due to a change in the iris. Infections, injuries, ammonia toxicity from droppings, and vitamin deficiency, or exposure to avian encephalomyelitis (AE) can cause cloudy eyes.

His eyes look perfectly normal in regular lighting, his irises are a greyish blue colour as he is a young bird but are expected to turn yellow. There is no swelling, irregular shape, redness or discharge so I’m wondering if they’re just inherited cataracts?

Unfortunately there is not a lot of information on pheasant help, hence me posting here!

Back
Top Bottom