Blue copper maran idk what sex

If they are pure blue copper marans, females don't have that much yellow feathers on the neck (hackle feathers?). I have a blue copper maran hen, she's pure blue with a very faint hint of brown in the neck.

I'm not sure how to rotate the picture =/

If they are pure blue copper marans, females don't have that much yellow feathers on the neck (hackle feathers?). I have a blue copper maran hen, she's pure blue with a very faint hint of brown in the neck.

I'm not sure how to rotate the picture =/
So I have two Blue Copper Marans and I see any copper on head and/or wings they are cockerels? I took a bunch of pictures last night but didn't get them uploaded yet.

I can take a look if you can upload the pictures =)
Thanks, I'll upload them tonight! I read somewhere that the hens can have some copper on their wings but roosters will have it on their shoulders? (whats the difference between wing and shoulder on a chicken?) One has more copper than the other but both have large combs and a lot of copper on their heads. They are very hard to tell apart!

This is them as chicks. I do think the black one is a pullet as she is smaller and hardly any copper. And I believe them to all have been hatched the same day which reinforces my belief I have two roos as they are a lot bigger than the black.

If they're still young and has red (not pink) combs and wattles, then they might be roosters. They also have large feet, if you want to compare with other girls of same age. :) I guess I'll wait for the pictures :)

Back
Top Bottom