Blue duck poop?

ProudRedneck

Songster
Apr 11, 2022
Fruit Cove/St Augustine FL
Ummm, not sure what would cause blue/turquoise poop. I don't know if this is from my hen or her babies, but any information would be helpful.

Breed:
Mom: Muscovy
Babies: Hinnies

Babies are 16 days old

Current diet:
Purina Flock Raiser Crumbles
free range/forage
eating/catching flies
mealworms (one handful) thrown out for 8 babies + 1 momma

20230527_102508[1].jpg

20230527_102457[1].jpg

20230527_102501[1].jpg

Looks to big a poop to be from a duckling unless they all pooped at once in the same place.
No blueberries?If not I have no idea what would cause blue/turquoise poop. But if they are foraging around the property then that could mean they ate something that caused it.

There's an app you can download on your phone called 'PictureThis' that can pretty reliably ID plants. I would download that and take a couple more pictures to confirm, but running the above picture through says it's American Black Nightshade. Matches up pretty well with the other example pictures on the app too. I don't know about ducks, but it says the berries are poisonous and have resulted in death in children.

Jeez, how stupid of me. I pay for an app that IDs plants :he
I completely panicked and came online for yalls help first but you are right....my app says it is Black nightshade (Solanum nigrum).

BE GONE VILE WEED !!!! and pray for my babies that have been eating it :fl

View attachment 3520049
Are they acting okay. have some activated charcoal on hand just in case. Or be proactive and go ahead and do a flush. in case you need it
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/flushes-for-aiding-in-toxin-removal.700526/

Back
Top Bottom