Blue gene in Coturnix, how does it work?

Ok, so first of all, what is "range"? Or Platinum?

Now I gotta find a breeder of whites...... they seem to be harder to find in Canada then any other colour.

OMG I seem to be really getting back into the quail scene again, ugh, and I thought I had quit for good.

Man that is awesome I've never seen them. I don't even know, but would it be possible to get some hatching eggs from you?

Ok, so first of all, what is "range"? Or Platinum?

Hi fancyfowl4ever,

As most folks know, there are different names for varieties in different counties, very confusing at times, I know.

Here in the UK, a range is called Tibetian in the USA, a more solid coloured bird.

Platinum is a variety of quail we have over here too. Same markings as a normal (wild type feathers) and it is a platinum gray colour instead of brown. They were first discoved in Holland about 2006.

You can also get them in Range (tibetian) colours too, along with the silver and cream varieties.

My computor chashed a month or so back, and I lost all my photos of the different varieties, so Now I'm trying to get more, but so far, I've not been able to get any of the Platinum/silver/cream ones yet
sad.png

Ironsun.

Back
Top Bottom