BLUE ISBARS - Pictures and discussion

Pics
Has anyone ever gotten a lavender Isbar?  I have a 2 month old chick who hasn't gotten any splash on it whatsoever and is totally lavender in color, not gray or silver.  It doesn't look anything like my other splash Isbars, will it develop splashes of color after it's first molt?  Out of 7 eggs all 7 hatched out, 5 blue, 1 black and this little off color one, I'm just curious if lavenders can spontaneously develop from blue, stock.  I can post photos tomorrow. They are from gen 1 and 3 greenfire lines by the way.  I don't have any splash so these came from a mix of black and blue stock.
Sounds beautiful - love to see a picture :)

one of the eggs i received from dfdesigns has hatched today! (the others haven't done anything yet, but i had incubator malfunctions at the start of this process, so am surprised anything hatched at all! and i'm going to give them another day or two to think about it...)
A splash! Awwww... you should probably name that chick Miracle.
smile.png
Did any of the others make it?

Last edited:
A splash! Awwww... you should probably name that chick Miracle.
smile.png
Did any of the others make it?

sadly, no, none of the others even pipped -- i'm afraid they may have gotten too jumbled by the postal service (it took 3 days instead of 2), and/or the temp problems the incubator had at the start? several of them clearly had started developing, but then quit at some point...

but the little splash is doing great so far, with its hatchmate (an australorp/SFH mix, i added the egg in with the isbars after the australorp hen was killed by a predator -- so glad to have one of her offspring, as she was a sweetie) -- here they are at 3 days old:

Last edited:
If it makes you feel any better, I've had worse hatches with more expensive eggs and without any incubator issues...
smile.png
I'm glad at least one hatched! Now we'll keep our fingers crossed that it's a pullet.

If it makes you feel any better, I've had worse hatches with more expensive eggs and without any incubator issues...
smile.png
I'm glad at least one hatched! Now we'll keep our fingers crossed that it's a pullet.

actually, given the crazy malfunctioning incubator at the start, i was completely surprised (and delighted) that ANY hatched -- and two is better than one! I will probably try to hatch some more, although i may look around for some more local eggs that wouldn't have to go through the post office -- as yes, hoping for a pullet since i've already got a cockerel!

sadly, no, none of the others even pipped -- i'm afraid they may have gotten too jumbled by the postal service (it took 3 days instead of 2), and/or the temp problems the incubator had at the start? several of them clearly had started developing, but then quit at some point...

but the little splash is doing great so far, with its hatchmate (an australorp/SFH mix, i added the egg in with the isbars after the australorp hen was killed by a predator -- so glad to have one of her offspring, as she was a sweetie) -- here they are at 3 days old:
You said the other chick was an Australorp/SFH mix. What does the SFH stand for?

Hey guys!

I am having the WORST luck with Isbars and I want them SO bad!

I hatched 6 about a month ago and a snake or something got in my coop at night and ate them all because they were the smallest.

Then I tried again and had them going into lockdown last night. My daughter (who KNOWS not to touch the bator!) turned the knob all the way up and when I noticed it was pushing 120!!! All were dead (along with Marraduna Basque, Exchequer Leghorns, Blue Salmon Favorelles, Swedish Flower hens, & super blue layers).

ANYONE ON HERE SELLING EGGS???

Hey guys!

I am having the WORST luck with Isbars and I want them SO bad!

I hatched 6 about a month ago and a snake or something got in my coop at night and ate them all because they were the smallest.

Then I tried again and had them going into lockdown last night. My daughter (who KNOWS not to touch the bator!) turned the knob all the way up and when I noticed it was pushing 120!!! All were dead (along with Marraduna Basque, Exchequer Leghorns, Blue Salmon Favorelles, Swedish Flower hens, & super blue layers).

ANYONE ON HERE SELLING EGGS???

Oh so sorry to hear that, what a tough thing! I'm only getting sporadic eggs from all my pens due to the weather/lighting changes, maybe someone in a more southern local is still getting good egg production.

Back
Top Bottom