BLUE ISBARS - Pictures and discussion

Pics
Does anyone know why Greenfire has stopped carrying Isbar chickens? When I first looked into them about 2 weeks ago, they were listed. Now, not anything, no mention. Also, who has the best colored eggs at this point? Who is breeding them? Thanks!

For "best color" that depends on what you are looking for since there is no breed standard? I know TheSheriff sells them, and I have bought stock from her (getting some chicks actually too in a few weeks), her website is down right now but you might send her a message and see. Her eggs are an extra large, mint to mossy green, some of the eggs have a hint of olive color to them. Lots of variety. Here's some of the ones I've gotten from her in the past:

I will have some for sale in a few months, my trio is quite young and fertility is low so I'm not quite in the game yet. My stock all comes from her.

I have also bought hatching eggs from Jordan Farm (Pampered Poultry here on BYC), can't say anything about his stock as none hatched. Some of his Cream Legbar eggs hatched. Two females, both grew up with gold hackles instead of Cream.

Rinda

Last edited:
He is gorgeous!
Sure is!
highfive.gif

I had to take some pictures of some other chickens, so I grabbed a few Isbar pics, too!

Here's JR, who is still quite young and hasn't figured out his "job" quite yet. He is exceptionally nice to his ladies...

And I thought this was cute - just a big ol' bunch of juvie Isbars snuggling in for the night! There are lots more birds in this pen, but the Isbars stick together like glue.
smile.png

And yes - only two pullets out of six hatchlings...
idunno.gif

I had to take some pictures of some other chickens, so I grabbed a few Isbar pics, too!

Here's JR, who is still quite young and hasn't figured out his "job" quite yet. He is exceptionally nice to his ladies...

And I thought this was cute - just a big ol' bunch of juvie Isbars snuggling in for the night! There are lots more birds in this pen, but the Isbars stick together like glue.
smile.png

And yes - only two pullets out of six hatchlings...
idunno.gif

Wow JR is a pretty little guy. He will figure things out very shortly. That stinks about your ratio of pullets to roos. Our last batch of 6 came in at 5:1. I guess we were lucky. the pullets are 4 splash and 1 blue and then one black roo. They are currently in our brooder "Big Momma" and you can watch a live feed of them on our brooder cam.

I know greenfire stopped selling isbars a while back but had them listed as out of stock. They had an auction for eggs on RBA back in Jan but that was the last time I saw them sell any publicly. Not sure why they are not in the isbar business anymore. This breed is one of my personal favorites.

Thanks for the nice comments about JR... I'm happy to report that he has now found his special purpose, and I am FINALLY getting fertile eggs! I'm looking forward to setting some eggs tonight and seeing what develops.

celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom