BLUE ISBARS - Pictures and discussion

Pics
Here is a list of what I breed, I will always keep Isbars, just love the flighty lil things LOL.
Isbars
Bantams Faverolles in Salmon, Blue, Black and Splash. I do not mix them. So no making Blue Salmon
Bantam Jubilee Orpingtons. This has been a great lil bird but sadly limited to about 35 in this country.
Cream Legbars, but don't really care for LF, thank goodness the Isbars are medium size LOL...

Here is a list of what I breed, I will always keep Isbars, just love the flighty lil things LOL.
Isbars
Bantams Faverolles in Salmon, Blue, Black and Splash. I do not mix them. So no making Blue Salmon
Bantam Jubilee Orpingtons. This has been a great lil bird but sadly limited to about 35 in this country.
Cream Legbars, but don't really care for LF, thank goodness the Isbars are medium size LOL...

If you don't mind me asking what country do you live in?

I think that's a great list! :) Love my Cream Legbars and Isbars. If there was a catastrophe and I had to sell all my birds but 1 or 2 breeds those would be the top of the list.

OH yes, as for the Bantam Jubilee Orpingtons, there are less than that. I believe there are only about 20 not counting what ever chicks 1 of the other 2 people that has them has hatched. I am going to breed my pair and then out cross them to a spangled bantam orpington then breed back to make them pure Jubilee again this will expand the gene pool, sadly some don't get it, it would be like if 3 people had Isbars, you have to expand the gene pool and that takes time. I could pop out 40 chicks and sell, sell, sell, but that would be doing a great injustice to the bird being so limited, eventually they would smother their selves out due to inbreeding and I would truly hate to see that happen to them. Will take me 2 years but I have time.

One of the new gff isbars

Back
Top Bottom