BLUE ISBARS - Pictures and discussion

Pics
Thank you very much, these are the only "LF" I keep, had them and legbars, like the legbars, but decided to keep the isbars, they are my favorite, although I would consider them a medium fowl. Thanks for the compliment

This pic is of one of my favorite splash hens - more of a harlequin pattern than a splash - and she produces a lot of kids that look just like her.
She wanted to make sure when I was collecting that I understood this was _her_ egg. :)

Nice splash, hoping my guys throw me a splash or 2...

To me at least, green and olive are not the same. In fact when we created a standard for cream legbars in the us we allowed blue and green but specifically omitted the olive eggs allowed in the UK. Olive eggs are an indicator of brown egg genes and we want to keep the us cream leg bar lines as pure as possible. My Isbar eggs are definitely green. By crossing them with a marsns it would deepen it to a unique dark olive. I see the attraction in that.
X2. I set all my breeds together, Marans included. My Marans are 7-8 on the Marans scale. They are not the first to hatch but almost always done before my ibars start hatching. EEs are first always, then cream leg bar and Ameraucanas, in marsns, and then is bars. I do get a slightly lower hatch rate on my Marans (I'm talking fully formed chicks that fail to pip) but not on my isbars, they are fantastic hatchers and I rarely lose one during hatch.
I find my guys pop out at day 21 right on time.......

Back
Top Bottom