BLUE ISBARS - Pictures and discussion

Pics
Is this rooster "Splash", does not look blue, just asking
I think he's a Splash, but I haven't been in chickens that long so I can't tell you for sure. I got him with another Blue Isbar chick from a local breeder. We thought that the other chick was a girl, but it died. So now we have an extra rooster because hens are soooo expensive.

I was able to snap a few photos with my phone between torrential downpours today. These are my 5 month old Isbars. We should be seeing green eggs soon!

First, the most handsome blue cockerel, much more developed than the splash of the same age.

The only decent one of the splash pullet, who was LEAVING the scene of the photo session at a high rate of speed:

And the most photogenic blue pullet:

Ignore the Marans in the background...

This one has the blue cockerel standing up nicely:

They look to be good layers with nice open pelvic structure. Hope it's soon! (This was cross-posted in the ISBAR thread also)

So I received this Isbar chick from GFF last week. What color is it? It's down is grey fading to some black and yellow. I don't think it is a blue so is it black or splash? Thank you for your help.

So I received this Isbar chick from GFF last week. What color is it? It's down is grey fading to some black and yellow. I don't think it is a blue so is it black or splash? Thank you for your help.

Most likely it will feather out black. I would email Jenny at GFF and ask her to make sure it is an Isbar. The feet look lighter than the ones I have. But then that could be a difference between the old line and the new line they recently imported.

Most likely it will feather out black. I would email Jenny at GFF and ask her to make sure it is an Isbar. The feet look lighter than the ones I have. But then that could be a difference between the old line and the new line they recently imported.

I didn't realize it was an Isbar until I e-mailed Jenny and asked her what it was. She didn't happen to mention what color it is though. I am hoping someone here knows. Otherwise I can just wait and be surprised as it feathers out. I am impatient and excited so would prefer to know sooner vs. later. I am hoping it's a splash.

I didn't realize it was an Isbar until I e-mailed Jenny and asked her what it was. She didn't happen to mention what color it is though. I am hoping someone here knows. Otherwise I can just wait and be surprised as it feathers out. I am impatient and excited so would prefer to know sooner vs. later. I am hoping it's a splash.
Splash tends to feather out white (looks like blue or lav to some). You will know in a few days when the first wing feathers come in. I still vote black. I have a lot of mottle orpingtons chicks that look like that when born but quickly turn black with the white popping up later.

Not sure if Isbars can be mottled or not, but that would be cool if they can. Make sure to post updated photos in a few days.

Splash tends to feather out white (looks like blue or lav to some). You will know in a few days when the first wing feathers come in. I still vote black. I have a lot of mottle orpingtons chicks that look like that when born but quickly turn black with the white popping up later.

Not sure if Isbars can be mottled or not, but that would be cool if they can. Make sure to post updated photos in a few days.
It is just over a week old and the primary wing feathers are white and the secondary's are black.

It is just over a week old and the primary wing feathers are white and the secondary's are black.
With black feathered chickens, the primary wing feathers can be white and the secondary feathers black. The white feathers usually fall out when they molt and get their adult plumage. This even happens with Ayam Cemani which are by definition, all black. Check under the wing, are there any feathers there? That will tell you the color usually.

With black feathered chickens, the primary wing feathers can be white and the secondary feathers black. The white feathers usually fall out when they molt and get their adult plumage. This even happens with Ayam Cemani which are by definition, all black. Check under the wing, are there any feathers there? That will tell you the color usually.
No feathers under the wing yet only chick down. Thank you for that tip. I haven't heard that before.

Back
Top Bottom