BLUE ISBARS - Pictures and discussion

Pics
With black feathered chickens, the primary wing feathers can be white and the secondary feathers black. The white feathers usually fall out when they molt and get their adult plumage. This even happens with Ayam Cemani which are by definition, all black. Check under the wing, are there any feathers there? That will tell you the color usually.
So her tail feathers are coming in white. I assume that would make her a splash.

My 9wk old from the new GFF import line.

I have 3 Blue roos available about 8weeks old. Bought as chicks this spring from chickenfanatic.com
Very healthy, nice birds, just too many roos! Located in Central Michigan

Look what I found this morning! SO excited for these beautiful minty green eggs, just the color I was hoping for. Pullets are 4 days shy of 6 months old.

Greener in person, but not a bad cell phone photo.

Those are lovely! I can't wait to see my Isbar's first egg!
wee.gif

shipped from cowgirl75446 out of texas. Found them on buy sell trade thread on here
I have had the worst time getting started in Isbars. No one locally has them so I have shipped eggs. And shipped eggs. And shipped eggs. (None from your seller though.) The first batch I got five chicks, four survived and are now 7 months. I have two more from a different seller (from 15 eggs shipped). There were two other shipments of 0% hatch (thanks to the USPS taking SEVEN days to get them to NW OR from S. CA. I am happy with what I have so far and have my first homebred test chick in the brooder, just hatched. I'm hoping to be able to raise them successfully...reports vary as to the viability of chicks from this breed. The ones that made it past one week old here have been very healthy and trouble-free, so I am hopeful.

Back
Top Bottom