BLUE ISBARS - Pictures and discussion

Pics
This is my 14-ish week old blue Isbar. I was originally thinking pullet, then Cockerel but now I'm thinking pullet again. I'd appreciate any feedback from some more knowledgeable Isbar keepers!

Here is my original post with more pictures

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/925890/isbar-pullet#post_14153211

And pictures taken today. Very sweet bird!

20140929_161051_zpsq5kubtxd.jpg
I would say you have a very pretty pullet there!
big_smile.png
This is one of my 8 week old cockerels. This pic doesn't show it well, but I can already see the hackles and saddle feathers coloring up. I have noticed on some of my pullets that the combs and wattles are a little larger and redder than similar aged pullets of my other breeds, like my SFH.

Quote:
Thank you!!!! I was really hoping she was a she haha! Very handsome cockerel you have there :) I've also noticed that one of her wing feathers has a white tip to it. I always thought it was just a shaving stuck to her but it's not! You can barely see it in the photo...it's right under her butt. Does this make her splash? What could have caused it?

Very lovely Isbar chicks! What a great breed.
Dispatch273, all of my Isbar chicks have the white wing tips under the tail. I know a lot of black chicks of other breeds have white wing feathers that will molt out to the correct color. Can't tell you why, it just is.

Last edited:
We had a buyer change their mind, so here is the ad:

12 rare Blue ISBAR Hatching Eggs $45 available to ship Monday. Our Isbars lay minty green to light sage green, some with speckles. Chicks can be blue, black and/or splash. Isbars are medium size prolific layers of large green eggs and are very feed efficient and calm. Ships from NW Oregon. Buyer pays choice of single or double box, Priority or Express. Extras are likely to be sent. PM to purchase.

My isbar cockerals are pure EVIL. I have 2 of them that bully everything else. They fly like hummingbirds into other breeding pens and (love?) (Mess up my breeding program).

Back
Top Bottom