BLUE ISBARS - Pictures and discussion

Pics
Mine fly way way too good. They are almost 6 months old. And they work as a team. I have several hatched on the same date. I have seperated them into 2 seperate pens. But the isbars take any pullet they choose. And then swap out....In whichever pen they land in.

Gonna have isbar x silkie....isbar x buff brahma..isbar x white polish....isbar x crested cream legbar..isbar x cuckoo Marans...and a few others...
Have any of you ever crossed any of these on purpose?

I have an isbar/dorking pullet. I didn't breed her but got her when she was a little one. She's quite pretty and just started laying some nice green eggs.

I dont have dorkings. But they look nice on google. I like the light and dark contrast of colors. Im sure they are good looking adding the blue....Do you have any pics?

Gonna have isbar x silkie....isbar x buff brahma..isbar x white polish....isbar x crested cream legbar..isbar x cuckoo Marans...and a few others...
Have any of you ever crossed any of these on purpose?

Well, see, the Isbar and Marans are Olive Eggers. You can sell those offspring, no probs.
The Isbar and Legbar, you've got yourself some Ice Cream Bars right there;)

Mine fly way way too good. They are almost 6 months old. And they work as a team. I have several hatched on the same date. I have seperated them into 2 seperate pens. But the isbars take any pullet they choose. And then swap out....In whichever pen they land in.
You may have to put net on the tops of your pens to keep them where they belong. Isbar X cuckoo Marans would be a sexlinked olive egger, Isbar X legbar sexlinked at least. Of course you don't have to incubate any of them...

You may have to put net on the tops of your pens to keep them where they belong.  Isbar X cuckoo Marans would be a sexlinked olive egger, Isbar X legbar sexlinked at least.  Of course you don't have to incubate any of them...
Thanks. I probably will have to rethink my runs. We started off with brahmas.They dont really try to fly. The 4ft fence worked well for them. Not so much on these breeds

Back
Top Bottom