BLUE ISBARS - Pictures and discussion

Pics
Thank you ChicKat. The darkest one actually looks like it could be a black up close but who knows. All but one are from my eggs. The last one to hatch and the only one to hatch from eggs I bought is the yellowish looking one. It almost looks like it could be a white (though I know that's pretty unlikely!) because it has no dark features anywhere, even in its beak. Only on its legs. Weird. They're strong though and I'm so glad. The last batch of bought Isbar eggs, two sources, 27 eggs, had only two survive and I had to actually remove them from the eggs. None ever pipped. And they were so weak and frail that one of them died after three days. These were a dream. Might actually end up with egg layers from these!

Thank you ChicKat. The darkest one actually looks like it could be a black up close but who knows. All but one are from my eggs. The last one to hatch and the only one to hatch from eggs I bought is the yellowish looking one. It almost looks like it could be a white (though I know that's pretty unlikely!) because it has no dark features anywhere, even in its beak. Only on its legs. Weird. They're strong though and I'm so glad. The last batch of bought Isbar eggs, two sources, 27 eggs, had only two survive and I had to actually remove them from the eggs. None ever pipped. And they were so weak and frail that one of them died after three days. These were a dream. Might actually end up with egg layers from these!
Isbars don't seem to ship well in general. I makes it difficult to get started, I know. We had 0% hatches from several shipments of Isbar eggs in the beginning, but the birds we have from those are strong and healthy.

I am new to Isbars, and love them. As luck always has it, my order from GFF was about 75% Roos. I have 1 black hen that I don't want to bread to the gorgeous blue roo I kept, since I have no way of knowing how closely related they are. I am searching for a few more Isbars this summer of varying colors! Any leads are much appreciated. I am in Northern Michigan, so shipping would be helpful.

My isbars are out and about now. Hatched on valentines day. By far the smartest chicken breed on the farm. The young guy goes the the garden and plucks tomatoes for the girls... who are not impressed.

I am new to Isbars, and love them. As luck always has it, my order from GFF was about 75% Roos. I have 1 black hen that I don't want to bread to the gorgeous blue roo I kept, since I have no way of knowing how closely related they are. I am searching for a few more Isbars this summer of varying colors! Any leads are much appreciated. I am in Northern Michigan, so shipping would be helpful.

I am down toward Lansing, I will have some available this fall ( I have lots of chicks right now, but only selling some of the black's until they grow out a bit)

Hi BYC-er's! I've read through the Isbar threads with great interest. Seems like breeding Isbars was exceedingly difficult particularly when they were first imported.

I have six 4.5 week old Isbar chicks, and I'm trying to sex them. I've been comparing them with the Isbars in people's posts in this and the other Isbar threads.

Does anyone have some good photos of 5 week old Isbars that they have successfully sexed? Or unsuccessfully sexed in hindsight...lol. I would really appreciate it! I'll post photos of mine soon. Thanks in advance :)

Hi! Thanks for the responses :) Here are my six 4.5 week old Isbars. There are 4 black (for here called BB, PB, GBNB & YB), 1 splash and 1 blue.

The pictures are in this order, Photo # and then who it is (BB, GBNB, PB, YB, splash, blue), with the black ones labelled as to who the photo is focusing on.

1= BB
2, 3, 4 = blue
5 & 6 = blue and splash
7 & 8 = GBNB
9 & 10 = group photo
11, 12, 13 = PB
14, 15 = splash
16, 17, 18 = YB

So here we go!

1 = BB

2 = blue

3 = blue

4 = blue (the others are too hard to see clearly in these photos of the blue)

5 = blue and splash

6 = blue and splash (top)

7 = GBNB (the head is labelled)

8 = GBNB (the black standing upright in the middle of the photo)

9 = group photo with the black Isbars labelled

10 = group photo unlabelled

11 = PB

12 = PB (is the only black with this copper-ish colour on some of its feathers and does not have faint silver streaked feathers on the back of its neck)

13 = PB (labelled above its head)

14 = splash

15 = splash

16 = YB

17 = YB (labelled by its wing)

18 = YB

I'd love any advice on the sex of BB, GBNB, PB, YB, blue and splash :) Hopefully it's not too confusing with them not all posed the same way. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

I love Isbars. My all time favourite breed for sure. Plus they're all so sweet!

Back
Top Bottom