BLUE ISBARS - Pictures and discussion

Pics

I was curious to mate my blue Isbar hen to my Svart Hona rooster. This little chick is stunning with the black legs and blue feathering.

Very cute!

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if she meets any of the standards for a blue isbar? She's super petite and sweet! I have a olive ever who looks almost identical . I am only looking for a pet quality just curious...,
she's about 17 weeks. Her face is just getting a pink flush to it. I hope she grows more. I did read they give quite a big egg for the size. U.S. This true? Anyone up for sharing some pictures of there isbars eggs ? Please thanks in advance !!!!!

Last edited:
I was wondering if anyone could tell me if she meets any of the standards for a blue isbar? She's super petite and sweet! I have a olive ever who looks almost identical . I am only looking for a pet quality just curious..., she's about 17 weeks. Her face is just getting a pink flush to it. I hope she grows more. I did read they give quite a big egg for the size. U.S. This true? Anyone up for sharing some pictures of there isbars eggs ? Please thanks in advance !!!!!
I have an Isbar that weighs in at 3 1/4 pounds -- she usually lays an egg that is USDA size large.

How big is that EGG?
EGG information
Name/Size

Ounces

Grams

Calories

Peewee

Small

Medium

Large

Extra Large

Jumbo

Mega*

Behemoth*

above Information Reference: Storey's Guide to Raising Chickens by Gail Damerow except asterisks which are my additions thanks to Nonny in Queensland and Wikipedia.....

Small chicken that doesn't eat as much as a large chicken -- that lays a large-sized egg (these above are her Isbar room-mates not hers -- ) that is really an economical chicken!

I have an Isbar that weighs in at 3 1/4 pounds -- she usually lays an egg that is USDA size large.

[COLOR=333333][COLOR=3366FF]How big is that EGG?[/COLOR][/COLOR]
[TR] [COLOR=0000FF]EGG information [/TR] [TR] Name/Size Ounces Grams Calories [/TR] [TR] [/TR] [TR] Peewee 1.25 [COLOR=0000FF]35[/COLOR] 47 [/TR] [TR] Small 1.50 [COLOR=0000FF]43[/COLOR] 54 [/TR] [TR] Medium 1.75 [COLOR=0000FF]50[/COLOR] 63 [/TR] [TR] Large 2.00 [COLOR=0000FF]57[/COLOR] 72 [/TR] [TR] Extra Large 2.25 [COLOR=0000FF]64[/COLOR] 81 [/TR] [TR] Jumbo 2.50 [COLOR=0000FF]70[/COLOR] 90 [/TR] [TR] [COLOR=993366] Mega*[/COLOR] [COLOR=993366] 2.75[/COLOR] 78 [/TR][/COLOR]
[TR] [COLOR=993366] Behemoth* [COLOR=993366] 3.00[/COLOR] 85 [/TR][/COLOR]
[COLOR=333333]above Information Reference: Storey's Guide to Raising Chickens by Gail Damerow except asterisks which are my additions thanks to Nonny in Queensland and Wikipedia.....[/COLOR]​
[COLOR=333333] [/COLOR]​
Small chicken that doesn't eat as much as a large chicken -- that lays a large-sized egg (these above are her Isbar room-mates not hers -- ) that is really an economical chicken!
Thank you for your reply! She is a cute little chicken. Plus super smart! Yesterday I was not expecting the rain. So I had her with 2 others her age in the brooder coop. She got a bit wet. All 3 did but she was the only one that would come to me and let me freely dry her off. My BR was ok with it . but nothing like Matilda !! She even jumped in roost so I could reach her better. I can't wait to see a egg! It's always fun getting the first one! I am seriously thinking about getting more of her! Thank you for the picture too.

I have one blue isbar with a BR they are 15 weeks old. I already have a B R but am new to this breed. Talk about gorgeous ! When does a hen typically start to lay? They are just big enough to add to my flock. Luckily we made the coop bigger! Thanks in advance!
Isbars generally start to lay at 18 weeks or older.This time of year when the days are getting shorter, pullets usually take a few extra weeks to a couple extra months to start laying. Pullets that reach the 18 week mark in the spring or summer when the days are long or getting longer will start laying at the 18-20 week mark.

I was curious to mate my blue Isbar hen to my Svart Hona rooster. This little chick is stunning with the black legs and blue feathering.
Adorable!
love.gif

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if she meets any of the standards for a blue isbar? She's super petite and sweet! I have a olive ever who looks almost identical . I am only looking for a pet quality just curious..., she's about 17 weeks. Her face is just getting a pink flush to it. I hope she grows more. I did read they give quite a big egg for the size. U.S. This true? Anyone up for sharing some pictures of there isbars eggs ? Please thanks in advance !!!!!
She's beautiful! The Isbars do not have a standard yet, but she does appear to be a good example of the breed.
thumbsup.gif
The real test will be the egg color and size. Though small birds, the Isbars are known for laying large to extra-large eggs by their second laying season. She is still on the pink side and the comb and wattles are still small. I would guess she has at least another 6 to 8 weeks before she starts laying.

These are some eggs from my second year layers next to a quarter for size comparison. The exact weights escape me at the moment, but are in the high 50's to low 60's grams.

[COLOR=0000CD]Isbars generally start to lay at 18 weeks or older.This time of year when the days are getting shorter, pullets usually take a few extra weeks to a couple extra months to start laying. Pullets that reach the 18 week mark in the spring or summer when the days are long or getting longer will start laying at the 18-20 week mark.[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000CD]Adorable! :love [/COLOR] [COLOR=0000CD]She's beautiful! The Isbars do not have a standard yet, but she does appear to be a good example of the breed. :thumbsup The real test will be the egg color and size. Though small birds, the Isbars are known for laying large to extra-large eggs by their second laying season. She is still on the pink side and the comb and wattles are still small. I would guess she has at least another 6 to 8 weeks before she starts laying.[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000CD]These are some eggs from my second year layers next to a quarter for size comparison. The exact weights escape me at the moment, but are in the high 50's to low 60's grams.[/COLOR]
beautifuk eggs! Thank you! I like her! I have another question. The second batch of eggs I ordered came with a guessing game egg. I was convinced she is a Olive egger but now I'm thinking maybe isbar. Both very petite and super friendly ! The only thing that throws me is she came in a greyish egg. May have had a tiny tiny of green. Here's a few pictures of her. She's younger then Matilda by 21 days . Yes back to back incubation.
I love that Matilda looks good! I'll be curious if Olivia is also a isbar. When I got Matilda they came 2 x all the eggs varied in color greatly. The egg you have on the right would be about the color Olivia came out of. Matilda's was much greener ! Thank you so much! I love this breed along with many others! How about I just live my chickens lol
1f413.png
1f423.png
1f425.png
1f424.png

Last edited:
Does anyone happen to have hatching eggs available at the moment?

Looking for 6-18 eggs, preferably first import lines or very carefully selected later import/mixed lines.

I'm located in PA so most likely need to be shipped.

Please message me(or respond here)...

Thanks,
Tim

If anyone could give me a time frame about when my beautiful pullet may start to lay? She's 12 weeks. I know that's really early ! However, every breed is different. Thank you for any input and would love to see some of the eggs. If anyone would like to share. Thanks a million!
Edited: her comb seemed to grow over night. I just separated her from her hatching mate which was a cockerel trying to do his business. So I have not been ode enough to her too see any squatting .

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom