BLUE ISBARS - Pictures and discussion

Pics
My pulley is 23 weeks with a beautiful red com and face! I'll take pictures. My rooster has mated her. She's been squatting for two weeks. When are the eggs coming? I'm so excited to see what color!
Can't wait until you post those pictures! My first Isbars didn't lay until 8-months old -- but then as I look back - they were relocated to new homes twice in those 8 months. My next set started younger - I would expect that you get your first eggs in the next couple of weeks or so. Be sure to show us.
pop.gif

Can't wait until you post those pictures!    My first Isbars didn't lay until 8-months old -- but then as I look back - they were relocated to new homes twice in those 8 months.  My next set started younger - I would expect that you get your first eggs in the next couple of weeks or so.  Be sure to show us.
:pop
I have two pulletes the same age. I found a rubber egg today. Unfortunately a hen got to it. Then managed to get 3 eggs down to the bottom of coop. But could not brake them thank goodness!! Egg eater
1f635.png
. I do know who it is. So she may have laid or my BR . Hoping tomorrow I'll get one with a shell.

Yay! She's in the laying box!
1f600.png
2764.png
1f61c.png
can't wait to see her first egg! She's never in laying box area . She looks confused like they all do when about to lay. Maybe she laid the rubber egg yesterday and not my barred rock . Who knows maybe they both are starting . They are 23-24 weeks.

Yay! She's in the laying box!
1f600.png
2764.png
1f61c.png
can't wait to see her first egg! She's never in laying box area . She looks confused like they all do when about to lay. Maybe she laid the rubber egg yesterday and not my barred rock . Who knows maybe they both are starting . They are 23-24 weeks.
Sounds like you will soon have some pretty green eggs! I look forward to seeing pictures.
pop.gif
It is not unusual for a new layer to lay a rubber egg. It may take a few weeks for all the apparatus to sync up. Just make sure your girls have free access to oyster shell or other source of calcium so they can make all those shells.

Sounds like you will soon have some pretty green eggs! I look forward to seeing pictures. :pop  It is not unusual for a new layer to lay a rubber egg. It may take a few weeks for all the apparatus to sync up. Just make sure your girls have free access to oyster shell or other source of calcium so they can make all those shells.
She's been in and out of box 10-15 times. I'm watching through the window. Unfortunately the big girls are ready to lay. We have 5 boxes but we get the 2-3 hens on top of each other . I put a golf ball in each laying box for the 3 younger ones. Which threw my older EE into broodie. I've been trying to break the last two days. Yay! Its like Christmas in chicken land

Last edited:
Ok, she did it! I got my egg! It's
Christmas in chicken land! It's pretty big for her size! I can begin to describe what a beautiful green color plus speckles. Here is the picture doesn't do the egg any justice at all ! The other egg is my 2 yr old Barred rock. I can't imagine how big she will end up laying if it's this big already !

Last edited:
Ok, she did it! I got my egg! It's Christmas in chicken land! It's pretty big for her size! I can begin to describe what a beautiful green color plus speckles. Here is the picture doesn't do the egg any justice at all ! The other egg is my 2 yr old Barred rock. I can't imagine how big she will end up laying if it's this big already !
celebrate.gif
highfive.gif
thumbsup.gif
Congratulations! That is a beautiful green egg! If you think that is big for her size, just wait a while - you ain't seen nothin' yet.
lol.png

:celebrate :highfive: :thumbsup  Congratulations! That is a beautiful green egg! If you think that is big for her size, just wait a while - you ain't seen nothin' yet. :lol:
She's a 1/3 the size of BR !!
1f633.png
poor girl! But I will love just looking at those eggs! She's already bigger then two game hens I have. Plus smaller then them as well !
I really have been thinking about selling a few hens and sticking with this breed. They are docile, small , eat less, great eggs! What more can you ask for?
1f423.png
I can't wait to cross her with my CM! Olivia is still 6-8 weeks out.

She's a 1/3 the size of BR !!
1f633.png
poor girl! But I will love just looking at those eggs! She's already bigger then two game hens I have. Plus smaller then them as well !
I really have been thinking about selling a few hens and sticking with this breed. They are docile, small , eat less, great eggs! What more can you ask for?
1f423.png
I can't wait to cross her with my CM! Olivia is still 6-8 weeks out.
Nice photos and beautiful egg! wow -- maybe you should breed Isbar instead of X's. My Isbar right now is out laying the rest...she's the champ.

Nice photos and beautiful egg!  wow -- maybe you should breed Isbar instead of X's.  My Isbar right now is out laying the rest...she's the champ. 

Thank you! She's sweet to! I took a better picture of her first egg
its crazy how lighting will change the cot so much!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom