BLUE ISBARS - Pictures and discussion

Pics
So, KYTinpusher (Walli), Alchemist Farm, and J-Bar have first import line. I can't find the contact info for J-Bar though. Is he/she on BYC?
J-Bar is @Ihilani Coffee Get a hold of her soon. She is in OR, but is moving to Hawaii soon.
wink.png

Here are some pictures of last nights hatch- There are splash isbar, blue isbar, isabelle leghorn and BCM's in the picture. All the isbar are 1st import.
So cute cree75i!!!!! Sooo jealous! Met KYTinpusher today and got a trio of 1st import isbars & 7 eggs which went directly into my incy when I got home. The chicks have settled in after the little splash jumped right out of the brooder & ran across the kitchen table.
1f606.png
1f606.png
We have 2 cats & 2 dogs. thankfully they were all in the other room. The little escape artist was quickly caught & returned to the brooder & the top was immediately put on.
1f61c.png
1f61c.png
1f61c.png

Last edited:
@KYTinpusher

I am looking for more blues and need to set up my breeding crew. Here is what I have:

Rooster is my black with silver coloration.

This is my black rooster with gold coloring (He is featured in the back of the silver pics too)

This is my blue rooster. He got a lot of frostbite and has a smaller comb.

Here are my girls- They are mixed with the honas:
But, they are all blacks and one blue...

Okay- Which ones do we like and which ones do we not breed???
Thank you for your input.

Quote:
Here are some pictures of last nights hatch- There are splash isbar, blue isbar, isabelle leghorn and BCM's in the picture. All the isbar are 1st import.

Adorable!
love.gif
Congrats!
clap.gif
(I need to get some photos of my hatchlings.
hide.gif
)
@KYTinpusher

I am looking for more blues and need to set up my breeding crew. Here is what I have:

Rooster is my black with silver coloration - Use this one

This is my black rooster with gold coloring (He is featured in the back of the silver pics too) - Do not use this one - his comb and wattles are too small.

This is my blue rooster. He got a lot of frostbite and has a smaller comb. - Do not use this one. His color is too muddied and he looks to be missing his wattles or they are just too small. Hard to comment on the comb because of the frostbite damage, but it does look small. And his legs look too light.

Here are my girls- They are mixed with the honas:
But, they are all blacks and one blue... They look good from what I can see. The real test is what color egg they lay. Choose your best layers that lay lots of big green eggs. Make sure the hens also have the proper size comb and wattles, not too small but not overly large either. After that, look for the darkest eyes and legs that are slate/green or slate/yellow (you probably won't see willow on a black hen, but that would be best.) That should be enough to start with for now.
big_smile.png

Okay- Which ones do we like and which ones do we not breed???
Thank you for your input.

Back
Top Bottom