BLUE ISBARS - Pictures and discussion

Pics
I have been breeding Blue Isbar chickens with the bluer look, I do have a few Isbars with the dark blue, or black coloring. but chose to hatch the lighter ones eggs.. My Isbars came from the same neighbor who had first gen GFF. below is same roo in the bushes.

below the blue hen I
I hatched from an egg, those are not her babies but she likes raising chicks. I gave these to her when they were 2 weeks old.

Last edited:
I have been breeding Blue Isbar chickens with the bluer look, I do have a few Isbars with the dark blue, or black coloring. but chose to hatch the lighter ones eggs.. My Isbars came from the same neighbor who had first gen GFF. below is same roo in the bushes.

below the blue hen I
I hatched from an egg, those are not her babies but she likes raising chicks. I gave these to her when they were 2 weeks old.
love.gif

He is defiantly holding my hand! Haha! I walked him around the perimeter of the yard and he held a finger the whole way around! Haha I love him.
love.gif
That is just so great. I'm very happy that they are with you AND I'm happy that we have another person who is interested in Isbars!! Isbars could become among the best all-around backyard chickens because 1. they are so gorgeous, 2. they have such good temperaments and 3. who doesn't love plentiful, big green eggs.
yesss.gif

I can lamost hear him talking in that pict. There was a member interview by azygous and she said that she can decode chicken language. Chickens are very vocal/auditory -- (Gail Damerow has some translations from chicken-to-English in her book Storey's Guide to Raising chickens -- I think it really IS possible to communicate with them -- in their way, on their level and I think this chicken has rapport with you.

I have 24 isbar eggs incubating and am about to drive 4hrs to pick up 7 chicks on Sat! They are stunningly beautiful birds. I plan to breed them as well as make Ice Cream Bars (isbar rooster over cream legbar hen) with some of them them in the future

Where are you driving to sr26?

I got a call from a chicken gal-friend and she wanted to come chose a rooster for her coop. I knew since she had grand kids she needed a gentle roo- I let her have my Isbar roo that I just got...
but I have more for me.

Last edited:
Where are you driving to sr26?

I got a call from a chicken gal-friend and she wanted to come chose a rooster for her coop. I knew since she had grand kids she needed a gentle roo- I let her have my Isbar roo that I just got...
but I have more for me.
I am meeting a lady who lives in Salem. We are meeting in Portland. 2.5-3hrs after remembering no rush hour on Saturday lol. But those are black Isbar chicks. the 24 in the incubator are blues. I also have 8 1st import in the incubator as of today. I am still expanding, but doing it a few birds at a time. If you have any to sell later, please let me know. I will want a splash Rooster, and Blue if I don't get one from my eggs for sure, as well as a few pullets to increase bloodlines down the road. if you are looking for some of her black chicks, i can give you her facebook. she seems really nice.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom