Blue Kote & Pecking ?

HickoryGuy

Songster
9 Years
Jan 27, 2010
Hickory, NC
I had a couple chicks get pecked pretty good in the brooder. I think it was due to the fact that they're outgrowing the space--they go into a giant new brooder tomorrow.

My question is, I've treated with Blue Kote... should I still keep them seperated? If so, how long? It's inconvenient to keep them isolated, but I don't mind doing it if it's necessary. Thanks.

I'm new to this but how old are they? How many have been picked on? Do you still have a light on them? I know the longer you keep them seperated the harder it is to introduce them again.

If you have a light on them, put in a red bulb....it helps with the pecking. Is there enough waterers/feeders for all of them? Is the light making them to hot (is it to close)? I would wait a day or so to make sure the hurt ones are okay....then put them in with the rest at night with the lights out. Hopefully when you turn the light back on they won't know who's who. Watch them carefully to make sure they will be okay.

Try putting items in the brooder to intertain them....like a branch they can climb on...think about it, you can come up with something. Hope this helps. Maybe someone else will be more helpful. Renee

Back
Top Bottom