Blue Laced Red Ameraucanas "NorthEaster"

I'm glad to find this thread! I've ended up with a BLR Easter Egger by accident and I've been curious about the experienced outcome, I image it coming out nicely.

My blue/ slate easter egger (named Bluered by the kids) stopped laying eggs- she's 5 yrs old. She's our first chicken ever and is one of the few that is a family pet so instead of processing her we moved her to our other pen where we are growing out juvenile chicks. We had an adult breeding pair of BLRW in that pen also. My BLRW were my only breeding/ laying chickens in that pen...

Then on Father's Day a blue egg appeared in the nest box, our 5 yr old hen laid an egg! My daughter wanted to try incubating it. We advised it's probably not hatchable but we let her learn things for hersellf. Three days later, on her birthday, another blue egg appeared. She called them "gifts" from her beloved hen.

A few days later we had a Cocci outbreak in the pen and we lost an adult BLRW and a few chicks : /

Upon candling of the surprise blue eggs it seemed they were be developing. Several days ago one hatched and it looks lots like a BLR but with puffy cheeks. Here it is:

I wondering if you could share what you've experienced with this cross breed. What color eggs can result? Are their particular color variations that work best in the blue egg layers when combining with BLR's? Is it better to breed a BLR hen to an EE roo or vice versa?

I know this is an older thread but I am started a gold laced white ameraucana project and was wondering what the best way to go about it was. I have already hatched one f1 chick its dad is a wheaten ameraucana and its mom 8s a buff laced white Cornish bantam

Seen some project Blue Laced Red Ameraucanas on craigslist
Never knew they existed.
Anyone still working on these?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230301-180309.jpg
    Screenshot_20230301-180309.jpg
    371.9 KB · Views: 9

Back
Top Bottom