blue-laced red OEGB?

Quote:
I really want the blue lacing but I have also been trying to find a blue spangle. I have a blue-red roo and a spangle hen so hopefully that will make a blue spangle? I have no clue on genetics.
big_smile.png
Otherwise I might have to order some eggs because I just can't find any close to me. I just don't have very good luck with shipped eggs.

Making Blue Spangles with Spangles and Blue Red hens will take several generation, your first generation probably wont produce anything with spangling, and the second one may not be much better. I know a couple people on their way to making blue spangles, it is a LONG road...

Aww Shucks! Sooo, does anyone have some blue spangled eggs for sale?
big_smile.png
I would probably wait another month though with the weather we've been having. But I would like to get on somebody's waiting list.

ETA: Do blue spangles breed true then?

Last edited:
A Spangle Sport, is going to be the splash created by the mating of two Blue Spangled together. Hence crossing a "Spangle Sport" onto regular Spangled is going to give you 100% Blue Spangled.
I have seen the variety several times and really do like the Spangling and the Blue together, The dark hackles of the males with the light blue breasts with spangles on the feathers is striking to me.
As for creating a BLR OEG, I would start with a GL OEG and cross it with a BLR Wyandotte and then cull and breed for type as much as you can......

then it would be a blue spangled sport...there isnt a wheaton sport but there IS a blue wheaton sport... every blue variety with the exception of the self blue will throw a sport, and a sport bred back to the black variety it came from will produce 100% blues. I have been trying to find some good blue spangles myself but they are hard to find and even harder to find that are right.

Sorry to get lost in semantics then. I have never referred to anything as a "sport" unless it was a blue.

the person I'm getting my spangled sport from is a master breeder. He has been working on the blue spangles for quite awhile, so hopefully I'm off to a good start. I saw some of his blue spangles at a show recently and they are STUNNING. I can't wait

Quote:
I really want the blue lacing but I have also been trying to find a blue spangle. I have a blue-red roo and a spangle hen so hopefully that will make a blue spangle? I have no clue on genetics.
big_smile.png
Otherwise I might have to order some eggs because I just can't find any close to me. I just don't have very good luck with shipped eggs.

Making Blue Spangles with Spangles and Blue Red hens will take several generation, your first generation probably wont produce anything with spangling, and the second one may not be much better. I know a couple people on their way to making blue spangles, it is a LONG road...

I suppose the same goes for blue mille fluer?

Back
Top Bottom